Wednesday, September 23, 2009

LAKE POWELL 2009






WOW! I know it has been forever since I posted. We had a great summer! It was very busy and I wish would have posted all of it. We sure enjoyed our family reunions and trips together.

Lake Powell was our final getaway for the summer. We took the kids out of school two days, but it was worth it! We chose to go to Wahweap Marina this year because most people around here go there. I loved it but probably prefer the scenery of Bull Frog. These pictures are out of order, but we stayed in Kanab the first night. I loved it! We stayed in an old but remodeled Best Western. For some reason it felt so reminicent of my childhood. I loved the outdoor pool and hot tub. I loved the little town and the beautiful red rock mesas all around. Many old movies were filmed there and I loved thinking about them and going to a really cool museum with the props and scenery from the movies.

The day we got to Lake Powell we decided to have lunch in Page and go on a tour of Bryce Canyon Dam and take a little hike to Horseshoe Bend overlook. We checked in at the Lake Powell Resort (not a house boat) and took the kids swimming at the pool. This all felt so different than our past trips. This was the first time I have ever taken kids to Lake Powell and I must admit I was very nervous. We had a great time and I loved being able to have a good shower and sleep in a nice air-conditioned room. I did miss the house boat feeling though.

Well, here's a ton of pictures. Hope you enjoy!




This is what most of the rocks look like there.

The view from our hotel room



Wouldn't you love to have her tan?



This was on our last day after a fun filled day out on the water.

We drove the boat over to Antelope Marina. It was sure a cool place.
The kids loved playing in this big swimming area and getting ice cream at the store.

The Sand Hill - Probably, the best sand and swimming spot there.
It's huge! It's quite a hike to the top. The kids loved running and rolling down it.
Nate's getting good on the wakeboard



Parker and Nate. The Dam is right in front of us.

I still can do it!

Madi's Skiing! We bribed all three of them to do it so they could get a souvenier.
Nate & Savannah on our walk to the pool. Beautiful!



Antelope Canyon was breathtaking.


Savannah's favorite activity! The sand was so fine!



Horseshoe Bend Overlook



This one's for mom.



Our four cute kids!


Another one for mom!

Hopefully we'll never see him behind bars.



We loved this place in Kanab.







My favorite picture of Savy right now!
This is about the only picture of me on this trip so I had to put it in here.


A cute little cabin used in Disney movies.

The cool hot tub and pool in Kanab

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh man! What an awesome trip. We're so jealous you live that close. It is gorgeous there. I love all your pictures so much. I can tell you haven't blogged in a while because all of the kids look soooo much older!!! Thanks for the update. Glad you guys could get away for a little R&R as a family.

Tayna said...

What a fun trip! I love all the pictures. Savannah is looking so much older. That horse shoe bend is really cool, you were really high to be able to see it like that. I'm so glad you had so much fun and that everyone was safe. We miss you guys!

Susy Harper said...

your trip looked so fun! Thanks for all the pictures. I hated the cliff one, as you can amagin!! don't do that!!! That was cool to see you, Nate and Madi skiing! I'd sure like to go to Kanab and wawepp! It looks beautiful

Angela said...

I love Lake Powell but it looks like you guys did so much more and there are soo many awesome spots i've never seen before...We have never been as a family!! Deprived huh?