Saturday, June 6, 2009

Special Moments

The last couple weeks of school were so busy! I tried to make it to at least one activity for each of the kids. I went to Ashley's Field Day, Parker's Graduation, and Madison's Field Trip in Filmore. I also made it to Madison's fourth grade program and Parker's kindergarten program (Ashlely's was earlier in the year). Somehow we were able to visit our mom's for Mother's Day and go to my brother, Jonathan's, missionary farewell.
Ashley and her friend and neighbor Parker. They were fast and won the three-legged race!

Parker and Nate after his kindergarten graduation. He and his class all met their goals and were above grade level on their tests. It was amazing to see how much he learned in one year!

Madi and I at her field trip in Filmore. In fourth grade they learned all about Utah's history. It was fun for me because I learned Idaho's history as a kid. We did her report on Box Elder County because we have so many memories and family who were born there and live there still. The capitol of Utah was originally located in Filmore because it was central to all of Utah. They realized soon after they built it that they'd made a mistake and chose to relocate it in Salt Lake were it is today. I think they made a wise decision don't you?



My cute brother Jonathan and Parker the weekend of his farewell. I think Parker looks a lot like him. We will sure miss him but are so excited he is serving a mission in Toronto Canada!
My parents were able to come down to see the girls in their dance recital. I was so glad because Nate was out of town and we have no other family down here. They were able to come because they had taken Jonathan to the MTC earlier that day and we're just two hours from here.
The kids were so happy to have them come and stay a night with us.


Ashley looked so sweet in her pretty pink costume.

Madison looked so grown up and beautiful in her white costume.

Happy Mother's Day to Helen!

Happy Mother's Day to Mom and my grandma Harper!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Whew, it's true what they say about life just getting more and more busy as kids get older. I love all the pictures.

Tayna said...

Great pictures. Looks like you had lots of fun. Heidi and I LOVE Ashley's dance costume!

Liz said...

Looks like a great time you shuld have called us and we could hve came to her recital.. That is cool your parents came

liz

Moose said...

Hi Jen! So fun to catch up on your blog...I haven't checked any for so long! Love the sand pile, dance costumes and beautiful pictures of your sweet family! Love, Mia

Susy Harper said...

Don't know if you'll read this-I'm so late in commenting. I looked at your blog awhile ago, but didn't comment. I loved the pictures! Your kids are so darling. The mother's day flowers have all come back beautifully after I cut them back! I'm proud of the great mother you are. Love you!