Wednesday, June 3, 2009

School's Out for Summer!!!

O.K., life has been busy and I haven't posted for awhile. The last few weeks of school were so busy and then I've been working hard on getting ready for Girl's Camp that starts next Wednesday. I've had family say they wanted to see what we've done to our backyard (I think this was in April), so here you go!

I've had this vision soon after we moved here that I wanted to tear the grass out along our brick wall and put a giant sandbox in. Well, with a little persuasion, hard work and some money I got my wish! It was a giant project but we did it! It's amazing what you can do if you just put your mind to it. This picture is after we pulled all the grass out and Nate scooped at least a hundred buckets of dirt out. We rented a sod cutter and decided to replace a big patch of bad grass with the good grass, so that was even more work.

Luckily my cousin Scott lives nearby and we borrowed his tractor. This is Nate putting the sand in.The finished project!!! The kids have spent hours and hours in here. They love to dig and make lakes and streams (our water bill is going to be high). They still love the swing set. We definitely have the party house in the neighborhood and get tons of kids over here at times. We go through tons of Popsicles and dirty little feet running through the house but I'd rather have my kids home than anywhere else. I've had to make a rule that no one can come until 10:00 a.m. I'm trying hard to have the kids get jobs done, read and do some workbooks in the morning. I just got the book, "The Tale of Despareaux," to read to the kids this summer. The kid's on their last day of school. I'm excited to have them home, especially Savannah!
This is just another day in my backyard. I think I have 8 kids out there right now!
I had to post these pictures of Parker and Ashley. They are both missing their two front teeth right now! It's pretty cute to see their toothless grins. Ashley's missing her two top teeth and Parker his bottom. We've taken the boat out already! The kids love to go fishing and we caught a bunch on Piute Reservoir on a stormy day. The sky would thunder, the wind would come, the rain would pour, and the fish would bite! It was quite an adventure!
Parker lost both his teeth at the same time one day in church. He must have been pretty bored to pull two teeth out!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh man I had no idea how busy you guys have been! That's so fun that your house is the party house! I bet the kids just love it. And you are good to be such a good sport about it. Thomas is so much more fun when kids are around. The park looks great. I hope girls camp goes well for you in the next week. HAve fun and we'll be seeing you in a few weeks!

Tayna said...

Gosh! I had no idea you were doing so much to your yard. It looks soo good. Isn't it wonderful to not have to mow around the swingset! No wonder your kids are so good socially. They are always with other kids. You are such a great Mom for that too! So funny that 3 of the grandkids will be missing 2 teeth! That's fun. Our kids are getting really excited for everyone to come. They are planning lots of stuff with Grandma for the big kid cousin camp. Have fun at girl's camp!

Susy Harper said...

I love your playground! You did such a good job and did so much work. It was fun to be with you and see it in real! Thanks for the wonderful stay. You are such a great mom! I'm proud of you willing to be the party house! It's not easy I'm sure to have all those kids over all the time, but it will bring your kids so many wonderful memories. You're so nice to even give them all popsicles too! I agree it's great to have your kids home and know what they're doing.

Angela said...

Wow that is a huge sand box...and yes I guess it just takes ambition to get stuff done..which i have none. Money either! ha ha Good for you guys! That looks fun!
Hudson will be 9 next month and still hasn't lost his front teeth! None of Parks are even loose yet either. Have fun at girls camp. I'm gonna miss it this year real bad!

jt boone said...

i love it!!! i hope it left room for your pool in the back yard though!! you might have to downsize to a hot tub now!!

Holly said...

I'm so jealous of your back yard. Someday... You are a go getter Jen. I think you have a lot of mom and dad in you when it comes to projects and just going for it and doing it. Great job! Your kids are so cute. Can't wait to see you!