Wednesday, February 16, 2011

January to February 2011


We celebrated my 38th birthday by having our good friends, the Graf's come for cake and ice cream.  While we were visiting, the kids made a big "Happy Birthday" sign out of cups and plastic plates.  They were pretty proud of themselves.

 Three Parker's
It's pretty funny that Parker's best friends are both Parker's!  They love to play the Wii every chance they can get.

 The shirt says it ALL!
 Cute Sisters
 Parker took  "Start Smart Basketball" this winter.  He sure loved it.

I helped with Parker's class Valentine Party and Savannah insisted that she had to come.  She sure wanted to do everything just like her big brother.

During these cold winter months the kids have been very creative in building forts and playing together.  Well, their latest creation was to put all the kitchen chairs together and make themselves a little "treehouse/clubhouse".  

They insisted in sleeping there too!  That didn't work out though and they all ended up in their beds.

I have to admit that I enjoy the winter months just for the fact that my kids tend to play with each other more.  Winter is pretty quiet and peaceful at our house and I enjoy not having an overload of neighbor kids running in and out.  I'm almost dreading the warmer weather just because of that.  I hope I can control it a bit better this summer.

Sorry about the random post, but I'm bored!

6 comments:

Jill Lau said...

Fun pictures Jenny. I am glad you had a fun birthday and I love that your kids tried to sleep in that fort. Good luck with controlling the neighbor kids this summer. Be strong!!! :)

Ashley said...

I like this post, not random at all. It's good to get an update and the kids are so cute together. I love that Parkers 2 friends have the same name as him. So fun! You're the first person who says they're going to be sad when the weather gets warmer, haha, but I like your reasoning. I thought it was always warmer where you lived, I didn't even know you got winter! Miss you!

Tayna said...

Fun post! I love random posts! Looks like the kids are having a fun winter. I agree they always seem to play better together in the winter. I love their fort. So creative. You are so good to even let them try to sleep in it!

Unknown said...

hi Jenny! I just randomly got on and checked blogs tonight and you had just posted! It's so fun to see you and the kids. I promise to post something soon too. I love forts, we just had one in our house this week. I just hate cleaning them up and that I can hardly walk around my living room while they're up. Savannah looks ready for kindergarten! Jordan totally is, but we'll have to wait another year. Love you!

Susy Harper said...

looks like creative moms (the valentines party) raise creative kids (the happy birthday with plates and the treehouse/forts!) Looks like you're all having a good winter!

Liz said...

Thanks for the post and I am with Ashley not random at all. I love the post. Cute pictures.