Saturday, January 8, 2011

December Part 1

We celebrated Ashley's 9th Birthday on November 30, 2010.  She's sure growing up and turning into such a beautiful girl.  We had planned to have a birthday party with her friends on her birthday, but one of her best friend's also had a party that same day.  Ashley, being the peace-maker she is, decided to move her party to the next week!  She is amazing.  We are so glad she was born in the middle to keep the peace between us.  She got a new coat and black boots.  She looked so cute!  We sure love you Ash!
Parker still loves his big (but little) sister.
Savannah at her dance recital.  Her and Ash were so cute and brave!
We went to Temple Square on our way to the Lee Family Christmas Party.  All the way there it had been raining pretty hard and we were pretty sad we'd miss going there, but by the time we neared Salt Lake the rain quit!  We were so lucky and had one of the warmest, least crowded nights we'd ever had.  It was wonderful!
As soon as we were about done it started raining again!

The Lee Cousins
Playing Christmas Bingo
Grandpa and Grandma Lee - We sure enjoyed the Christmas Party and wished we could have spent even longer with everyone.  G&G flew to Texas and Mississippi for the holidays.

The kids were sure excited to get their presents from Grandpa and Grandma and their cousins.

I'm posting pictures from our Christmas Parade of Homes only because my family really wanted to see them.  So here you go.....
The front room 
Dining room and kitchen.  I wish I could have turned on all the lights for this picture.
The kitchen window.  I loved looking at pictures of Christmas's past while I did the dishes.
I just wrapped a few pine/berry picks around to create the wreath on my chandelier and hung a few glass snowflakes and icicles. I'm leaving this until the snow melts!
The "real" tree in our bedroom.
Savannah's cute room.
I love this new picture wall in the  basement.  I plan to add many more pictures to this wall as I can afford it.
Madi's room was so cute.  The bedspread matched her sheets and pillows so great!  Thanks mom!
Ashley's room.  Wish this showed her cute tree in the corner.
Parker's cute little room.
 The family room with a few borrowed pillows.   Sure wish they were mine.
 The front room.  This looked so pretty with the garland and lights.  I added vinyl lettering above the picture that said, "Wise Men Still Seek Him."
 This garland above the desk has bells in it that actually play Christmas carols.  I had them playing throughout the parade.  I had a lot of comments about that.
 The upstairs bathroom by Savannah's room.
 The basement.  I think this room was everyone's favorite.  It was definitely the favorite tree in my house.
 The downstairs bathroom.
Sure wish you all could have seen it in person.  Pictures never show how great it really was.
 Finally, Ashley got to have her party!  We decorated cupcakes, went bowling, and came home for pizza.  The girls played for a while after that.  She had a great time!
 Sunnie Rae, Macie Lee, Ashley, and Cassidi.
 Making sugar cookies and delivering them to neighbors has become one of our family traditions.  It's a lot of work!
 Savannah's 4th Birthday!  She especially liked her Strawberry Shortcake Doll and house and the handmade doll clothes from Grandma.  We sure love this little girl.  She's so much fun.  She makes us all smile.  She especially loves me right now and tells me at least a dozen times a day, "Mommy, I love you SO MUCH!"  She's loving preschool and dance right now.  She thinks she's pretty big right now, but also enjoys being the baby when she wants to be.
 Savannah wanted a green cake?!.@  (only because that's what her big sister's like....I think she would have chosen pink).  This is as fancy as a get lately - pretty pathetic....I know.
Yes, we do have a boy.  Parker had his second grade Christmas program on the biggest snow day of the year.  It probably snowed a foot and a half that day.  People had to park so far away.  His program was in the tabernacle because the school's gym was still not done.  The program was great and Parker knew all the songs.  Poor Nate had to leave before it was over to manage the flooding down in St. George.  Luckily, the dams didn't break.


More Christmas to Come!!!!

4 comments:

Tayna said...

What an awesome post! All the fun birthday's. I love Ashley's coat, that's so cute. Your house looks like it was georgous for the Christmas home show! I am envious of how clean you can get it! You have your Mom's decorating/cleaning talent. I'm excited for the rest of December!

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh I love these pictures so much. I paused and blew up each one. I think my favorite rooms are the downstairs family room and kitchen. I love your big tree though. Oh my goodness, it's so beautiful! Looks like fun birthdays. I don't think you're lazy, Savannahs cake looked great! Miss you guys!

Jill Lau said...

I also think Savannah's cake looks great and Ashley looks so grown up in that coat and her boots...so cute. Your house is amazing; there were so many things I want to copy someday. I love the things about your table. Miss you guys

Susy Harper said...

Wow, Jenny! Your house was so beautiful for Christmas! I really out did yourself! Every room looked so amazing. I sure wish I could have seen it in real but so glad you posted the pictures. It must have been so much work but very satisfying when you got it all done. I'm proud of you! All the birthdays looked really fun too! Love ya!