Monday, November 15, 2010

A Sneak Preview

For those of you who don't know, our house is going to be in the Richfield Area Christmas Parade of Homes.  We show it on December 1 to the committee and then it's open to the public December 3 & 4.  I'm excited and have had fun getting a few new things.  I keep telling Nate that we'll be able to enjoy all this for years to come.  I didn't take pictures of everything yet, but just wanted to let you get a little glimpse.
 The three trees we made probably 10 years ago.  I'm going to get the book, "The Three Trees," and set it on the end table just in front of these.
 Our mantel with our new picture.  I need ideas for this.  It's too plain.  My vision is to get "real" whispy pine bows and drape them down more, add a few ornaments and lights, maybe candles?
The Christmas Village ended up in the office this year.  We actually love it here because we spend so much time in here.

 Our new tree!  I love it!

It's definately a kid tree and has all their old ornaments on it mixed in with the new.  In the background you can see the new advent calendar Holly sent us for Christmas.  Thanks Holly!  We absolutley love it.
 Madi's Room.  It still needs some work but I'm excited to use the new quilt mom and dad gave us.  Her pillows matched perfectly.
Ashley's room.  This looks even better at night with the lights on.

 Parker's little room and tree.  My good neighbor Colleen helped me a ton rearranging his room.  It looks great.
 A snowflake that used to be brown is now white with glitter.
 My old tree updated.  I'm still not in love with it.  Let me know what it needs.  Don't ever buy green ornaments to go on a green tree.  They blend in too much. 
A closer shot.

 Savannah's little tree with the angels I had made when we were first married.  They've been sitting in a box for years.  I think they're happier now.
A simple snowflake in her window.

7 comments:

Tayna said...

Oh WOW! Jenny it all looks so AMAZING! I love how each room has a Christmas tree! You have done so much work. I don't remember your family room having curtains. They look really cute, I need to do something like that in my bedroom. I bet you will be relieved to have it over and then you have your house all perfect for Christmas! GREAT JOB!

Jill Lau said...

This makes me want to put up our Christmas tree and decorations and it also makes me want to buy new stuff. It all looks so cute!! What a fun thing to do.

Ashley said...

OH I love it so much, it looks really cozy and festive. I like everything you did so much, I wish I had suggestions, but that is not my strength. Nolan usually takes the lead with Christmas Decorations. Must be something your mom instilled in you guys. The quilt is super cute on Madis bed, and I love that black chair in Parker's room too!

Angela said...

I wish you lived closer so I could come see in person! I LOVE Christmas decor and am so jealous you have yours up and ready! I've always wanted trees in each of my kids rooms too but there is no room. Tierra and I bought new tree ornaments last year after Christmas and I can't wait to get them out. They are going to be sooo diff than what I'm used to. We bought fuscia and bright blues, greens it's definately going to be a girlie tree. :) Happy Holidays!

Susy Harper said...

Wow Jenny! Your whole house looks beautiful!!!! Your have really done an amazing job! Your trees are all so beautiful! I am so proud of you. You have worked so hard on all this and your whole family will be able to enjoy it so much for the holidays. I hope I will be able to see it in real.

Liz said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of it. I think they aren't plain at all and My favorite is the red and white tree, and green tree. I think that you need to come to my house next!

Holly said...

Jen, you are rivaling your mother with the number of trees in your house. In fact, I think you probably have passed her up :) Your house looks beautiful. Wish I could see it in real. I hope the home show goes well. That's so awesome you got chosen to be in it. Love you!