Thursday, April 16, 2009

6 on April 6th!

Happy 6th Birthday Parker Nathan Lee!


I normally throw a big birthday party for my kids when they turn 5 and 8, but Parker got his party a year later because life was crazy when he turned five. We were preparing to move from South Weber to Richfield. I'm so glad we waited. Parker has changed so much in this past year. When we moved I was so worried for him. He was extremely shy and quiet and didn't have too many friends except for a few cute boys in our ward. He was Ashley's little shadow for so long. I don't think he got to say much because she said everything for him. He did everything she did. NOW, he's his own little person! I'm so happy! He's acting like a real boy! He's loud, he's tough, he's full of energy, and he has lots of friends.


Parker is such a special boy. I have a real soft spot in my heart for him. He really is a great kid and can be so sweet. He is obedient and helpful (when he wants to be). He is doing really well in school which I'm so excited about. He qualified for all-day kindergarten here which has been a huge blessing. He went from only knowing a few letters to reading quite well now. I'm so impressed how he will bring his book to and from school everyday without having me remind him. He's been so excited about it. He loves his two teachers which really helps. Parker just started a tumbling class and has almost got his cartwheel down.


Parker's Favorite Things:
Food: Chicken Nuggets
Color: Blue
Toys: Skateboards & Cars
Movie: Monster's vs. Aliens
Vacation: California
Restaraunt: McDonald's
Hobbies: four-wheeling, snowmobiling, playing
People: Family & lots of friends


We had a Monsters vs. Aliens Party!

I don't know what I was thinking with this party. I decided we should invite all the boys in his kindergarten class, his primary class, and his best neighborhood buds! I think that was maybe 24! I thought maybe half would show. Well, we had 20 boys here!!!! It was nuts!!!!! I'm never going to do that again and especially not let them stay two hours! We survived though and the boys had a great time.
The best game was the big Monsters vs. Aliens war outside. Each boy got either a blue or green water noodle and hit their opponents. It was wild and crazy! Boys are rough but sometimes not too tough. We had a few break out in tears. Madi put together a fun opstacle course downstairs for them and we made icecream monsters and had cupcakes with worms on them. Each boy got to take home a Happy Meal box with Monsters vs. Aliens pictures all over it(w/o the food). We put a bean bag and candy in them and their water noodle from the war. It must have been a hit because when I went to his class the Monday all the boys knew me and told me how cool the party was. I was glad!

Parker has lots of friends! Watch this!

We played the water game.

We printed out Bob the Blob eyeballs and stuck them on their foreheads.
I made about 30 bean bags and two Bob the Blob boxes!

PRESENTS!

SO HANDSOME!

A funny video of Parker finding his big present!


Savannah, Parker, and Madi on Parker's new skateboard.
The FAM on Parker's special day.

I LOVE YOU PARKER!!!!


6 comments:

Tayna said...

Wow! What a party! Happy Birthday Parker! 20 boys is a lot. I can relate to that, Kyle had that many and it was crazy. It looks like you had lots of fun things for them to do. What a fun memory for him! He's looking so much older. What a good kid.

Ashley said...

Oh Jenny you are impressive. The pary planning queen!! Nolan and I couldn't believe all those boys! I'm glad that it was a succsess though. Parker seems so grown up, this was a really sweet post about him.

Liz said...

Wow that is a lot of boys.. Good job.
Liz

Angela said...

WOW Jen, that is a crazy amount of boys. Parker is sooo cute and I'm glad to hear he is a "tough, loud boy" now. :) And that he is doing well in school etc. I just heard that Ridge Poll is in Hudsons SEP reading class (meaning Ridge who is in Kindergarten reads on a 5th grade level!) Amazing huh? Parks just had his party Friday. I wish i would have read this first cause that was a good idea for a party...although we haven't seen the movie yet. I liked the list of favorite things. I had to do that for his posterboard in class on his birthday, so it would have been easy to write up on my blog. We had the same due date and I always wished he would have been born on the 6th too. I love that date. We had Parks party at the Rec Center which was easy to let the boys run around like crazy and play ball but i didn't have as many kids...luckily he only named 11 he wanted to invite. After the party he remembered one more he had forgotten..ha ha But I thought that was a handful! It looked and felt like 30! He really wanted to invite all of Hudsons friends, cuz they are his best friends!

jt boone said...

well, josh and parker will get a long great. josh has decided that he loves skateboards also but he isn't actually crazy enough to try and ride it. he just carries his around with him!
i am so sad i didn't get to come to the party!! it looked like so much fun. your kids are so cute! i love em!

Jodi said...

Happy Birthdasy Parker!! Hope you had a fabulous day!! Jenny- Ridger still talks about Parker all the time! The party looked absolutely adorable-you are anazing!! What a fun theme and fun games and activities!! You are an amazing mom!! Your kids are so lucky!! Hope you are all doing well- we havn't seen Nate on TV lately- whats up with that??? Tell him to get working!! Love you guys!! BTW, thanks for the adorable Valentines card- what a cute idea and cute picture of your family!!!! Happy Birthday Parker!! (: (: (: